Gordon, Tolentino lead the First Business Readiness and Disaster Preparedness SummitThursday, July 16, 2015
Honorable Dick Gordon, Chairman of Philippine National Red Cross and Honorable Francis Tolentino, Chairman of Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) lead the first Business Readiness and Disaster Preparedness Summit, July 18, 2015 at Megatrade Hall 2-3, SM Megamall.
According to CSR Asia, we need disaster preparedness in Asia for two reasons:
- With growing populations and investments in the region, risks of losses and damages related to natural disasters are set to further escalate. The UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) found that in short, GDP in the region has grown by a factor of five since the 1970s, but there has been a 15-fold increase in economic losses from natural disasters.
- The World Bank expects multi-billion dollar disasters to become more common in Asia, with governments having to bear the brunt of the fiscal impact. The organisation notes that Cambodia, Lao PDR and the Philippines could face costs totaling 18 per cent or more of total public expenditure in the event of a 200-year disaster.
The Philippines Area of Responsibility experience around 19 tropical cyclones or storms a year, and 6 to 9 of these storms make landfall. In addition, there has been an in-depth discussion about the possible movement of the Marikina Fault that will affect a lot of areas in Metro Manila.
These two factors make the first Business Preparedness and Disaster Readiness Summit a must event for businessmen.
The resource speakers of the event are: Hon. Dick Gordon, Chairman, Philippine National Red Cross; Hon. Francis Tolentino, Chairman, MMDA; Renato Solidum, Jr., Director of the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PhiVolcs); Liza Fideliz F. Canada, Civil Defense Executive Officer of the Department of National Defense; Michael Rellosa, Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association of the Philippines; and Dondi Mapa, National Technology Officer, Microsoft Philippines.
Topics that will be discussed are:
- Role of Red Cross in Times of Disaster,
- Disaster Preparedness
- What are the MMDA Programs for Disaster Preparedness?
- How Ready is the Philippines for the Big One?
- Learn the Art of Risk Transfer to Minimize Losses During Major Disaster,
- Learn to Manage and Protect Your Biggest Asset to Minimize Downtime.
Philippine Marketing Association (PMA) organizes the event in partnership with Exlinkevents – Business Events Organizer in the Philippines.
For participation and partnership, call tel.no. 643-3887 or text mobile no. 0920-9814376.