Event Management Job Interview Questions You Need to AnswerWednesday, March 22, 2017
Two months to go before the school year ends, now you are gearing up to realize your dream and enter the event management industry.
First thing first, you are not applying to gain or learn. You are applying to help the company. This is the number one error of applicants.
We are not hiring you because we wanted to teach you. We are hiring you because we need help.
So for me, when an applicant emphasizes that he or she is applying because of the learning opportunity that the job provides, it is a red signal for me. It means I don’t hire the applicant or has no chance of progressing to the final interview before he or she is hired.
Now that you know this, it is time for you to prepare in answering some of the basic questions asked in an interview by event management companies in the Philippines or for that matter in other parts of the world.
Event Related Questions
- How has your education prepared you for a career as an event professional?
- Why do you want to work for our event management organization?
- What type of event management are you most interested in? Corporate events? Social events?
- What experience do you have with promoting events (through ads, social networking, etc.)?
- Do you love talking to people?
- What is the biggest event (based on budget or number of attendees) you have ever organized or involved with?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with an unexpected problem during an event — how did you resolve the issue?
- Have you handled difficult partners, teammates, clients and suppliers? How have you dealt with them?
- Are you comfortable working long and/or unusual hours?
- Do you love working alone or with a team?
- If ever you are hired, what will be your most important contribution to the company?
- How do you see yourself after five years?
The questions above are some of the basic questions asked during interview. Being prepared is the key. At the same time, showing how passionate you want to be part of the event management company matters.
There are few event management companies that operate big in the Philippines. But some companies have in-house events department. At the same time, you can also apply to hotels and restaurants, they have events department.
The industry is exciting and has room for new blood, but to be part of the event management industry you need to show the energy and alertness during the interview process.
Having said this, I hope this article helps. See you soon.