10 things we want to hear in President Duterte's first SONASunday, July 24, 2016
Today marks the opening of the 17th Congress of the Republic of the Philippines, and as stated in the constitution, the Congress will open with a State of the Nation Address led by the president of the republic. This year, the State of the Nation Address will be done by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, dubbed as the first president elected from the Mindanao region.
Last week, we did a quick survey among our peers on what are the 10 things that we would like to hear in President Duterte's first SONA:
- No tax for employees earning below ₱25,000 - so that employees will have less burden budgeting their monthly allowances.
- Increase in SSS Pension benefits - senior citizens depend on pension more to sustain themselves.
- Make food prices affordable and accessible - more food bought for a set budget means more nourished families.
- Ease transportation - less time spent on traffic means more time to spend on being productive
- Increase and unify the minimum wage - so that businesses won't need to adjust wages if they are going to branch out to multiple locations across the country.
- Abolish contractualization - secured jobs mean secured futures.
- Improved healthcare services - If everyone can benefit from the government's healthcare services, the better.
- Ease of doing government transactions - reducing the days alloted to business registration saves time, money and sweat.
- Telecommunications infrastructure - faster connections mean faster processing of transactions.
With these points in hand, what we wish for this administration is to improve the lives of the Filipino - from 9-to-5 workers trickling down to the most challenged of the pack - and we'll be very happy if we do hear our president mention these.
How about you, what do you look forward for in the president's first State of the Nation Address?
There are lots of ideas and concepts on doing business in the Philippines and more at the 7th Philippine Business & Entrepreneurs' Expo this August 26 to 28 at the SM Megatrade Hall in Mandaluyong City. You can talk with fellow entrepreneurs, or just observe and gain knowledge to polish your business and expand it further.
This event is organized by business event organizer Ex-Link Management & Marketing Services Corporation. For inquiries and partnerships, call telephone numbers 633-01-53, 643-3887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ex-Link Events is also on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.