6 golf tips to lower your score

Thursday, May 17, 2012


There are numerous different things that you can do to lower your golf score. In this article, I will cover the 6 best free golf tips that I have used to improve my game and lower my golf scores.
Free Golf Tip 1: Commitment - Everyone wants to improve their golf scores, but are you willing put in the effort? The most important thing that you need is a burning desire to improve your game. This desire has to be so important that you refuse to give up no matter what it takes to accomplish your goal.
This may require that you set new priorities with the time you have available and adjust your schedule in the process. At first you will need to commit more time to practice than too playing.
More than likely you will need to ask for help. This may mean having a mentor that will keep you focused. When I first got that itch, I was fortunate to have met a person that was ready, willing and able to mentor me. I went from a 12 to a 5 handicap in a matter of a few months.
Free Golf Tip 2:Managing Your Mind - Many amateurs don't realize how much your mindset plays into their performance. There is a saying that golf is 80% mental. I like to add that the other 20% percent is in your head. Quite honestly you can have the perfect golf swing and still play poorly.
In order to have consistency in your game and see real improvement, you must have control over your thoughts. This means having a short memory. What happened on the last hole or even the last swing is done. If you think about it, your next shot will reflect it.
Free Golf Tip 3: Practice Your Putting - If you are like most, there are times during your day when you will have a few minutes of free time. This is the perfect time to spend practicing your putting stroke. It is possible for you to practice in your office, your home or even when traveling. Taking the time to get comfortable with your putting stroke will translate to improved performance on the golf course.
Free Golf Tip 4: - Know the Layout - Take the time to learn as much as possible about the golf course you are going to play. It goes without saying that when you play a course regularly, you will have a good understanding of the layout. Take the time to take notes.
Professional golfers have notebooks full of notes about the terrain on the courses they play. It is good practice to do the same. If you have never played a course before, arrive early and ask questions.
Free Golf Tip 5: Ask for Help and Use It - Let's face it, golf is a competitive sport. When you step out on golf course, you want to play your best and beat your playing partners. You need to take the opposite approach when you are practicing. When you are on the practice range you should seek the wisdom and experience of other players.
The best way to become a better player is not just practice, but to learn from players that have more experience than you do. Ask for their advice and then put it to use.
Free Golf Tip 6: Mind Your Temper - Nothing will ruin a round quicker than losing your temper over a poor shot. It is alright to be competitive and question a poor shot, but not at the expense of enjoying the round.
If you are committed to improving your golf game, you will lower your scores. Take these 6 free golf tips to heart and I can assure you that your game will improve in no time.
Who else wants to lower their golf scores? This awesome FREE Report [http://simplegolfswingadvice.com/] Reveals How to Shave 5 to 7 strokes off Your game the next time you play.
by David Wakeman


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Archives

Join the NB Community!